It is hard to always know what to make for meals, knowing for sure that what you’re eating is healthy and going to help you to achieve your goals. Healthy doesn’t have to mean boring or bland, you just have to be creative. This dish is one of my absolute fav post workout meals because it is the perfect balance of carbohydrates and protein for glycogen restore and muscle replenishment. Fuelling your body is essential to put your body in the best situation from feeding your muscles the nutrients they need and also maintaining your metabolism and blood sugar levels for optimum training, therefore leading in the best results.
This Prawn and Garlic Rice dish is full of flavour and I really look forward to eating it after a super sweaty workout, it is always so quick and easy to cook in one pan.
1 garlic clove
Organic tomato pasata
Salt & pepper
Coconut or virgin olive oil
Optional: chilli flakes
1. Heat up the coconut oil on the pan until fully melted and spread around the pan for total coverage.
2. Cook prawns with a sprinkling of chilli flakes for a minute or so
3. Whilst the prawns are beginning to cook, start chopping the veg and add mushrooms, aubergine and courgette to the pan.
4. Now crush your garlic and add to the pan
5. Flip the prawns and stir the pan
6. Add in any extra veg, in my case is peppers and sliced black olives
7. Pour in the tomato pasata and keep stirring for a couple of minutes until heated up and add a handful of spinach.
8. Serve with salt & pepper.
Other posts you may find interesting: